Happy Easter and Happy Anniversary for Jason & I

Well, it definitely wasn't the Easter/Anniversary I dreamed about in my head, but we still had a GREAT day!  So very thankful for my family, and for celebrating 17 years with Jason.  
I love this pic, because we took one very similar three years ago, the day we brought Finley home.   He's grown a bit since then...well, I guess they all have!
 My original plan was not to cook on Easter, as we were supposed to have two services and church...and when it all came down to it, I still didn't want to cook.  We did a take home Easter dinner from a local restaurant, and it did NOT disappoint.  It was delicious, and everyone enjoyed it...even the carrot cake!

 Ruthie and Bennett brought this out to me Easter morning.  I just love the thought...mom loves tulips, so let's make it in the shape of a tulip...and they wrote all these words about me on them...Bennett too.  I will say this time at home has really enabled Bennett and Ruthie to play more together, which I love...he really was too little to really engage with her, and now, they are at perfect ages.  I absolutely love that my kids love and enjoy each other, that is a treasure to me!
My grandma's china on the table for Easter dinner.  Ruthie set the table so nicely.  The hyacinth on the table was blooming on my wedding day...we had baskets of perennials on the stage and each of our mothers took one.  Through moves, we've managed to keep them going, and I have some here at the house.  What a reminder of God's faithfulness!!

 Easter baskets ready to go!!  I usually don't do much in terms of Easter baskets, but with all us home and inside, I did pick them each out a few special things to help keep things fresh and new here.  I even got the girls latch hook projects to do, which my sister always loved doing!!
It was a great day, and I'm so thankful for our 4 precious children, and a God who has never left us!  Jason and I have built a wonderful life together and it's better than I ever could have imagined.  So so thankful for him.  God has been so very good to us!!

Comments

Popular Posts