First day of school

4 kids, 4 school, 3 busses, and 1 mama who has not been home alone for 14 years!!  This is QUITE the year!  We are already in week 2 of school and everyone is doing GREAT!  Bennett loves kindergarten, loves taking the bus to school, and does a great job in the mornings getting up and ready.  He is my night owl, so I'm very proud of his adjustment to school.

Ruthie has been the only one not in a new school, she has taken the new year in stride.  She has her first male teacher and she's loving him!!  Bryce is in his first year of middle school and it's been a GREAT transition.  He is taking wood shop and he's super excited to start some projects and activities.  He's playing percussion in the band, which has been really fun!  He was originally going to play baritone, but on the first day when he called attendance not ONE kid said they were playing percussion.  (You typically need 2 years piano to play percussion in band, which Bryce does not have).  One little text from mom, and he was in!    Reagan has said the adjustment to high school was even easier than she thought.  She's definetly had more homework than her middle school years, along with a very busy marching band schedule, but she's handling it all in stride.  Her ridiculously early bus pickup time of 6:38 am!!  has won her a ride to school every morning.  It is one thing more for me, but I do enjoy the time to sit and chat with her on the way to school.  It has all worked out!  

I have ONE student taking piano right now...my studio has been slowly falling away, and that's honestly been okay.  With my own kiddos busy after school, it has freed up that time for me to greet them off the bus and be with them, and make a good dinner for everyone.  

I know everyone tells you to enjoy the years, because they go fast, but I honestly thought we would be in diapers and naps FOREVER!  And all of a sudden, all 4 are in school, I have a HIGH SCHOOLER!  It's just flying by.  So very thankful to be these kids' mom!

Comments

Popular Posts