What a day...

Yesterday, well it was epic and not in a good way...let's recap.

The night before yesterday (Tuesday night), my sweet Bennett was not sleeping well. I call him dictator Bennett at night! He's never been one to cry it out and he wants me to snuggle bed with him when he wakes up crying. The little stinker was watching the door and when I snuck out (thinking he was back asleep), he started up again. I resigned myself to the fact of sleeping in a twin bed with him, put on some wool socks, grabbed and blanket and headed downstairs. I took a nasty spill on the stairs and landed full force on my tailbone...oh the pain!!! I immediately broke into tears...but managed to crawl in bed with Bennett. I was experiencing quite a bit of pain, and started having the chills, but chalked it up to being the basement and the shock of the fall.

Woke up Wednesday morning and I was a hurtin'. Sitting down was an extremely painful task...I was set to watch my nephew for the day, and he had been vomiting the day before, I had Reagan home that same day sick as well. Ruthie started complaining about her stomach right before we left for the bus. Trying to avoid a repeat of a couple weeks ago where she got sick in the car on the way home from the call from the school, I kept her home. I teach some lessons in the morning, and I tried to cancel, but she didn't get my texts and came anyway...which worked out fine...

By the time they left, I was starting to feel just exhausted, chills and body aches, thank you flu!! In between keeping track of all the precious littles here, and trying to rest some. I headed to bed at 3, when Reagan got home from school, only to be awoken to a door knock at 3:15 where I had some students show up that I didn't expect this week. Thankfully, they did end up leaving, I was feeling quite poor, and they had gotten the schedule mixed up! I had to cancel a later lesson, as well as Reagan and I serving in the church nursery that evening.

I basically spent the rest of the night in bed feeling horrible...tossed and turned all night with the chills and a horrible stomach ache.

Thankful for a new morning, I'm on the mend, but so so tired! I'm honestly tired of just laying around here trying to regain some strength. Today I have figured out I must have bruised my ribs in the fall as well, as getting comfortable in bed seems quite difficult. So, the flu is gone (thank God!!), still feeling weary and wow the pain in my tailbone and ribs. What a mess I am!!

New mercies every morning, today better than yesterday!! Thankful for healing!!

Comments

Popular Posts