Goodbye old friend

Today we said goodbye to a good friend...the crib!!  He's been a mainstay around this house for the last 11 years...phew!!  And before that, 9 years with Jason's sister and kiddos!!  7 kids have grown up and slept in this crib!!

Bennett sleeps in a big boy bed when we travel (usually between Jason and I!), and all on vacation so I thought he wouldn't want to go back, but it must be a security thing for him.  I finally told him, that's where babies sleep, are you a baby?  What are you?  To which he replied "2".  I put some football sheets on the bed and Bennett was sold!!  This is nap #3 in here and 2 nights down so I made the call!  Crib to the curb!!
Right now he's sleeping on a mattress on the floor in Ruthie's room until his basement bedroom is finished!  

And, in case you're wondering, I did not cry taking down the crib!  I'm embracing Bennett growing up...it has been easier to travel with him getting older and I want to enjoy each new phase not always lament what we are leaving!!   Although, my older kids could freeze their ages and that would be okay....ahem...

Comments

Laurie said…
That's ok, I cried for you!!! Parting is such sweet sorrow dear crib that has safely held our precious babies!!!

Popular Posts