mystery guest reader

 In Kindergarten, they have this fun little program called "Mystery Guest Reader".  You sign up to come in and read the kids a book, but keep it a secret.  The teacher then calls down to the office and calls down the special reader of the day.  Bryce was SO SO thrilled to see ME come into the classroom and read 2 books together.  We read Skippyjon Jones (with my best Hispanic accent), and Maestro Mouse and the Mystery of the Missing Baton.  It was a riot.  Since this time was right before lunch, I brought some Subway in for us both to enjoy for lunch together.  I basically had to trick him when I packed his lunch, I left it empty and sent it along with him so I wouldn't spoil the surprise.  And it just so happens that the 3rd graders eat with the Kindergarteners, so we got to eat with Reagan as well.  What a special day
 His teacher was kind enough to send along a couple pics from him in school during his birthday.  They are unable to bring in edible treats, so instead of bringing in tiny trinkets for every student (which I just throw away at home), we bought a book for the classroom, a Star Wars book, of course.  This is Bryce and his friend opening the book for the classroom. 
I'm thankful that I'm able to come in and do these special things with the kids. 

Comments

Popular Posts