the paci fairy

Well, I think I have finally championed getting rid of the paci with #3!!  I have tried numerous times in the past, to be met with hours (and I mean hours!) of screaming, where I finally relented and said "this is NOT worth it!".  After a visit to the doctor for her 3 yr checkup and a trip to the dentist, where I was informed the paci is making her teeth and palette misaligned, I knew something had to be done.  With the other 2, I have been able to bribe them with a toy, or food.  Reagan was difficult (or so I thought until we had Ruth) and Bryce was easy compared to the girls.  My doctor had recommended really talking up the arrival of the "paci fairy" so that it wouldn't really be my fault and it would be something fun to get a special treat from her when she came to get her pacis.  If you know me well, this is SO not me.  We don't do Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, etc, let alone the PACI FAIRY!!!  But, Jason said, whatever works!   So, Saturday night, the paci fairy made her appearance and left Ruthie a tinkerbell book and fancy shoes.  Luckily yesterday, she fell asleep in the car on the way home from church and transferred to her bed without waking up.  And last night, it was about 10 minutes of crying and she settled down for basically the entire night.  Another quest conquered!  And doesn't she look happy???  Planning on night #2 to be even easier that night #1!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts