and yesterday I sold my clarinet....

Well, yesterday was a big day of sorts. I sold one of my clarinets. Mind you, I do have 3, all different....but all 3 sitting around here collecting some major dust. So, a couple months ago, I decided the idea of new granite countertops sounded better than a dusty old clarinet....so onto craigslist it went.

And, as I agreed to the sale, and packaged up my beloved instrument, I got a little nostalgic. For, the clarinet BJ (before Jason) was my dream. I distinctly remember even in my undergrad days saying to my teacher, "I just want to be a mom", but until that reality came...the clarinet encapsulated my future and dreams for that time. I taught the clarinet to 30+ students at one time....I practiced it 4 hours a day pretty regularly. I was actively taking auditions, trying to win a job in an orchestra.

And then, I met Jason (insert fireworks!!) and then we got married and started our family. And then, priorities shifted. As I was deeply thinking the past couple days as to the reality of selling one of my instruments and in effect, letting go of part of that dream.....I thought about what I wanted to be remembered for, what my legacy was going to be. And, I knew I wanted it to be for my children to know the Lord, to live for Him, and to live my life with the priority given to my husband and children. And the clarinet just doesn't fit there right now. I'm not saying it will never fit there, but for now, it's all about Jason and the kids and being the best wife and mom I can be, and sowing into our precious family. And so clarinet, we say farewell for now. Thanks for the great great memories...and the awesome friends I have met along the way. I have some major Kingdom work to do in the meantime.

Comments

Popular Posts