An update on the last 3 weeks....

Well, I'm back...so I suppose you can probably expect more frequent updates from me as I've returned back to a more "normal" daily routine. Although, I must say, the time away from the internet and TV were good for me personally and for us as a family. I didn't do as well as I wanted with the internet, but I definetly restricted my time and began to realize how much time I "waste" on it every day, when I could be doing many more productive things with those minutes/hours. It's actually amazing taking a break from TV and then once you watch it, you realize how offensive so many of the commercials are, whether they are suggestive, violent, crass, etc....I definetly enjoyed 21 days of a clearer brain without all of that extra junk in there. And honestly, eating better and getting into an exercise routine made me feel really great...lots of energy and I'm sure my body thanked me. When we had Bryce's party on Saturday and I consumed LOTS of sugar (in pop and cake), I felt sluggish. But, I do have to say the delicious donut and hot chocolate I had for breakfast, was MIGHTY TASTY!!

So we are venturing on, and hopefully some of those things we gave up in the fast will stick around and become great habits. I got alot of reading done in the evenings, exercised before the kids were up. I find if I can get up before them and get myself ready for the day, I'm much more prepared to be a better wife/mom to everyone else I live with....so I'm hoping that's one discipline I can stick with.

Well, enough about me...here's what the kids have been up to
REAGAN is obviously back to school after Christmas break. I really enjoyed having her home and missed her once she went back. She has such a blast at school and is reading like crazy. I have been bringing home easy readers from the library and she devours them the first night I have them here. She loves to read and is way above her grade level, so I'm proud of her. My mom said I just loved books too, so I guess that's no surprise. Reagan had a fun surprise last weekend, she got to go on a date with daddy out bowling. It was organized through her school and it was fun for her to do something just her and daddy. Let's just say Bryce was less than happy to stay here with us, but he survived!

BRYCE is 3 now! Wow! I took the kids to an indoor play place on Thursday in celebration of his birthday and Bryce sat there and sang "happy birthday to me....." all the way through. We had a family party here on Saturday and he got SO MANY GIFTS, and he's way excited! Everything he opened with an enthusiastic, "WOW , just what I always wanted". Gotta love that! As for the potty training, he has been telling me for weeks "when he gets bigger" (aka 3!) he was going to use the potty...but there's still very little interest. I've actually gotten him to try a couple times, but nothing major yet. I want him out of diapers so very bad...but he simply says "I like to poop in my pants". What do you do with that folks??? It's on the horizon, I know it!!

RUTH is almost 8 months old now! Where has the time gone? She is such a little cherub. She is rolling all over the place, no crawling, but the rolling is serving her just fine. She's on 3 meals a day of baby food and I've been using the food processor I got for Christmas making her all sorts of yummy food to try. She is saying lots of syllables, but the most common one right now is "mama" which I totally love! To give Jason props, she did say "dada" first, but mama is much more prevalent!!

And we shall not forget Jason, he's doing great. It's a new year at the bank, and always with new changes, but things are going great for him. He works hard and I appreciate that so much that I can be home with the kids. What a blessing to be here to watch them grow up. I seriously get teary eyed just watching Reagan walk herself across the street to catch the bus....it's going by so quickly. Jason is playing soccer this winter, so that's been fun for him to play a sport that he's good at and enjoys. He's getting lots of use of the snowblower this winter too, as we're having probably a typical January with lots of snow.

So, that's us in a nutshell. I'll have to come back with pictures from Bryce's party and further updates on our lives. Most of the bit above is for my personal benefit, that I've catalouged our adventure this first 21 days of January, so if you've made it this far with me, congratulations!! Have a great great week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
James!

How I have missed your blogging- but give you props for "unplugging" a bit... we all should. How stinkin' cute are your kids?! You should make more- they are just too precious! Miss you girl!- Nick

Popular Posts