It was a cold, cold weekend.

This past weekend marked our annual camping trip up to Wisconsin with all our family and friends. Out of all the years I can remember, this was was the COLDEST! It was actually snowing Saturday morning as we got to the campsite. Brrr! Literally the last two years have been in the 80's for the same weekend, and we sweated and sweated on the hikes. I must say I cheated and had a hotel room for sleeping, but never was I more thankful for that than when the weather report came up for the weekend....lows in the 20's and 30's at night!
We still enjoyed ourselves and got out for lots of hiking. The kids did great, Reagan walked enormous amounts! She even climbed the rocks from the bottom trail to the top trail, which I haven't even done for quite a few years now. Literally as we were leaving Reagan with my dad and Jody to hike the rocks, we passed a 12 year old boy who asked his dad if he could climb the rocks (and this kid was no wimp, well built, big kid!), and his dad remarked, "maybe next year when you are bigger". No lie. I calmly stated, " I just sent my 4 year old DAUGHTER up there!". You go Reagan!

We took Griffin, and he was naughty naughty while we were there, I wish we had the pics to show. I went back to the campsite Friday night to get a few things before heading to the hotel, only to find the dog chain stretched IN the tent. Only to realize, my wonderful sweet golden retriever scratched his way into the tent because of some loud fireworks going on in the town. Let's just say my dad wasn't happy. The very next night, my dad got "wise" and put him in the tent so he would be warmer. Came back to find he had scratched a hole OUT of the tent. Next year he might just stay home!

We all packed up and headed back to may parents' home on Sunday instead of Monday and enjoyed some good ole' heat! This pic of Bryce kissing his cousin Anne is just precious. He is such a sweet little boy...even if at other times he is quite aggressive!
Of course, Reagan got a turn, and even got a smile out of Anne.

Reagan was showing us her finesse from ballet class, doing the splits. She is one flexible girl!
Things have been busy here. Jason came down with a nasty virus which left him down for the count for quite a few days. Even missed a day of work (now you KNOW he was really sick!). Maybe it was the 2 1/2 hours we played softball out in the rain that Friday night. I'm sure that didn't help. That was fun! Anyways, we are so thankful to see him on the mend and feeling fine..it gave us some concern when he was so weak.....but he recovered just in time to camp/hike.
I still have suitcases to unpack from our weekend and a home that is screaming for my attention, so off I go. Enjoy the pics.

Comments

Popular Posts